Opinions on E92 335i v 435i

mardi 1 juillet 2014

I'm mulling over replacing the Z4, ideally with something similarly sporty to drive, but with back seats and a bit more long journey comfort. Sporty to me in this situation means a petrol 6 cylinder engine, but with a decent auto box and flappy paddles. It will be a daily driver but I hope it would be ok for a couple of track days per year and blasts around Wales and Scotland.



Prices of 3/4 year old 335i coupes with the DCT box are reasonable and I could swap over to one from the Z4 easily for minimal extra outlay, or could maybe just go for a 435i on a PCP.



So was just curious to hear from anyone who has had or driven both. I've had 3 x E90s but never the coupe, but expect it handles similary well but rides poorly?

In this regard the 4 series would offer a much nicer ride? Mu intention wouldbe to ditch the runflats immediately and possibly go for a suspension change and remap. Going for the E92 would leave more funds for mods!



In terms of performance there doesn't seem to be much in it on paper, but the DCT box I would expect to be the more satisfying to use on a blast?



The 435i looks great, but I wonder if it would be a bit boring having the 335d and 435i... whereas I've always thought the E92 was one of the all time best looking cars!



I should maybe look at the M3 but to get a 4 or 5 year old one is just more than I want to be spending on monthlies and running costs I think.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor