Dealer damage and improper convertible top repair

vendredi 18 juillet 2014

I had posted that an inoperable defroster line was found, and so my dealer replaced the top. I was happy that they did this, but now Im not so sure. I was detailing the interior of my car, and was looking in the back seat and the cover over where the top folds. Found a few issues.



The vinyl on the top cover is gouged:











There is a tear in my rear seat. Im 6 ft 5, and only have an infant. Nobody has ever sat back there, and I dont put anything back there. The seat is also dirty, so this is obviously related.







There are gouges in the side panel in the rear seat area.







And to make it worse, there is an obvious misalignment of the convertible top gaskets both along the top and bottom on one side. Proper:













Improper:























So obviously Im going to have to take it back. But any suggestions on how to ensure that I dont end up with squeaks, rattles and more issues as they have to pull out and replace all these parts? I love my car, and plan to keep it for the long run, so Im not interested in a halfway job or creating more issues.



How much of an issue will it be to properly align the top to get rid of that gap (I can see right inside currently)? I think there may be a block of rubber that is supposed to be there and is not...



Thanks!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor