2009 335xi vs 2012 Corvette Grand Sport

mercredi 9 juillet 2014

A couple months ago I was headed out to the bar in the 335xi with my brother and his girlfriend to meet with some friends (10pm.) Ironically enough, we had been talking about how since I had bought my new car, I still hadn't run in to any car that has beat me (raced an srt-8 Jeep Cherokee , 06-09 Porsche Cayenne turbo and a newer jacked up 10-13 wrx, 06 sti, and that is about it.) As I am approaching the next traffic signal, I see some recognizable tail lights as I pull up to the red light. Sure enough, it was a older guy (probably in his late 50s) sitting in a red Corvette. We both had our windows down. At this point, I looked over to him and said, "is that the Z06? because it looked nicer than a base model" He said, "no its a grand sport." I replied, "what do you say we give it a run a little over the speed limit" He nodded in agreement.



(We did a total of 4 runs)



The light turns green, (I brake boosted to about 2000k rpm) and ripped the vette out of the whole to about 60. At this point we are in a stop light heavy area and hit another red light. To be honest, I think the guy in the vette thought he had me with little effort (beat him by maybe 3 car lengths but he probably didn't think my car was quick.) My brother looks at me shocked and says, "dude you just beat a vette". Of course, I have huge grin on my face :cool: but I new high end that vette would destroy me. Not to mention I don't think the guy new how to drive the vette...)



We hit the second stop light. Light turns green. Almost the same result to 65mph but I probably have 2 car lengths on him this time before we hit another red light.



The third stop light comes. The light turns green and we go ripping under a major highway (I-25.) At this point, a new Porsche comes speeding off the highway as we are making a run down the road and decides to join on the fun. He must of been NA because he was seeing our tail lights for sure (he turned a little bit later but was for sure getting on the throttle. I have to get the second video recording from my brother that I will upload soon, where the old guys says "the Porsche must have been sick" :lol: )



The third signal turns green and we take off and do a run to about 80mph. The video starts at about 20mph (this was for sure his best launch and my brother started the video late but it is of decent quality), and yes, I realize it isn't to 160mph or anything crazy but I figured I would share the story anyway. It was one of those good car memories that will stick with me for a while.



[u2b]http://ift.tt/TS0wAL]






Specs at time of fun:

2009 335xi Mods:

Steptronic AT

COBB AP Stage 1 Sport (Stock Throttle Mapping)

COBB FMIC

BMS Dual Cone Intake

BMW Performance Exhaust

(Sedan, 3 Passengers)

(No oil cooler car was about to explode by forth run haha)



2012 Corvette Grand Sport Mods:

Transmission: Unknown

(Unknown mods but assumed as stock)

(Coupe, 1 Passenger)





I am running the 93 octane tune now and am about to get downpipes. I am curious what the result would have been with those mods? Also, Does anyone think my turbos would have been heat soaked by the forth run?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor