The new SLC is your SLK facelift, SLC43 loses the SLK55's V8 and gives back 50 horses

mercredi 16 décembre 2015

http://ift.tt/1m78HYy

Quite what they are doing with the SLC43, I am not sure. Seeing the N/A V8 go away comes as a shock to no one. But slotting in the non-AMG 3.0L V6 which offers less power than their 2.0L I4 just seems like a confusing message at best for the AMG brand. You'd think that if you are going to keep this car around, you'd want to put forth the effort to make it bolster the lineup rather than stand out as underpowered.

I guess that's what happens when you know your competitor is about to put their competitor - the Z4 - out to pasture. Not to mention, roadster sales in general have been on the decline for years.

Don't get me wrong, I think AMG should have a 6 cylinder in their bag of tricks, but this isn't the answer. They need to be given access to that not-so-secret M256 I6 coming. A 420hp-ish I6 under the hood of this car could make it compelling.


The new SLC is your SLK facelift, SLC43 loses the SLK55's V8 and gives back 50 horses

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor