Replacing my non run flats...

vendredi 18 décembre 2015

Hello guys,

I have a 2012 X3 2.0d XDrive automatic. Its original non run flat tyres, Pirelli P7's, are completely worn (after 29.000 km) and it's time i got some new ones.

I don't really know much about tyres, but compared to my previous (non BMW) car, i felt that the P7 tires should last a bit longer than 29.000km. Otherwise, i feel that the car handles very well and the tyres are not loud or anything.

I asked a friend who is more knowledgeable about cars than i am, and he suggested i go for Hankook RA33. Some reviews i found online suggest this is a good tyre.

I went to a tyre shop this morning, and the guy there told me that if i want the hankooks he would have no problem installing them, but added that for a car like the X3, he would strongly recommend i use the same tyres as those that the manufacturer chose for it, i.e. the Pirelli P7s. He said that if i insisted on the Hankooks he would first check with BMW if they are appropriate for the X3.

He even said that in some cases, if the car will not "like" the tyres, its computer puts it into a "halfway or cut-down" mode and does not perform properly until the "bad tyres are changed". I think this sounds like fiction...

His price for the Pirelli P7's is 20 euros per tyre cheaper than the BMW dealer price, so i am wondering if i should go elsewhere, or just go to the BMW dealer and have them install new P7's (my annual service is due anyway).

Any ideas, or feedback? Has anybody opted for other non run flats?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Iam


Replacing my non run flats...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor