Urgent help needed. Driver's door will not open.

jeudi 20 novembre 2014

Had my car tinted 2 weeks ago. I expressed my concern to the guy when I dropped it off that the tint scratches on e90's. He said he'd never had an issue in 12 years in business. I let him do his thing without the tint protector strips.



Just as I suspected, it scratched almost immediately. I called him, he said no problem bring it back we'll make it right. I got the tint protector strips, and he said he'd install them for me so I left the car. He re-tinted the driver window and installed the protector strips.



2 nights ago I picked up the car, drove home, and when I got here I opened my driver door, it took 3 pulls of the handle. I didn't think much of it, thought maybe I didn't pull quite hard enough the first or second time.



Didn't drive the car yesterday to work, but I drove it in the evening to the grocery store, 3 pulls to open the door. I drove to work this morning and again 3 pulls.

So yeah now it's apparent there's an issue.



I get home from work tonight and the door doesn't open at all now.

First pull will pop the lock up, but second pull does nothing.

Doesn't disengage whatever latch is there.

Doesn't open from the outside.

Locking/unlocking with fob or manually with key doesn't help.



Really not sure what I can do. Tint guy is a customization shop, not a mechanic so I'm not counting on him to be able to fix it, even if he could get the door open which at this point seems extremely unlikely since there's no way to get the door panel off.



Looking for any ideas/help the e90post hive mind has. I'm really bummed and sad about this. Sorry for the long post.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor