Ferguson, MS: Wilson vs Brown

mardi 25 novembre 2014

I haven't really been following the story until a few days ago. Since the verdict came out yesterday, all I have been seeing and hearing about are protests, oftentimes violent.



Even in cities like Oakland here in the Bay Area, people are looting and breaking and entering businesses. It is so stupid in my opinion. I mean, I get that people are angry. But really? This happened in a different state. Why do people feel the need to start trashing stuff at home?



I just saw on TV people breaking into a Subway, walking on highways, and light bonfires in the middle of streets. I don't mean to sound ignorant but why are black people always portrayed so badly by the media? I don't see any other races acting violently. I feel like there is a historical hatred between blacks and whites (perhaps due to slavery?).



I saw an episode of Band of Brothers today. The episode showed how badly the Jews were being treated in concentration camps. What happened to them was a lot worse than slavery but I don't think the Jewish people were ever violent. So what the heck is going on here?



Sorry for the vent. It just makes me wonder every time I see protests and looting going on whenever an event involving a black person is involved.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor