325d dreaded dpf light

lundi 24 novembre 2014

so I was out in the car yesterday and the dreaded DPF light came on after a few miles of driving. I have tried to give the car a good blast to re gen it but it isn't budging. when I turn the car off and fire it back up the light stays off but then comes back on after a few miles. the car has done 75k miles with good history ill be honest I knew I would have the problem at some point as everyone will do they don't last for ever.



im thinking about removing the dpf by taking it off cutting the box and removing everything inside welding it back up as I know its an mot fail now? (correct me if im wrong but I think its just a visual check to see if dpf is still there?)

I am also thinking at the same time blanking the egr (again any recommendations or advice if anyone has any)

I have had the car re mapped as well which I will get them to do again for me after



I have read it is a b*****d of a job

can anyone shed some light on any previous experience

any help would be great

Thanks

Ryan




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor