Rpiiii jr. I got to drive the M3 today! Review

samedi 21 juin 2014

I got to drive the m3 today was only able to get it up to 100 but I'm impressed.





First some backstory, I swap cars every 4 months or less [terrible use of money] so when the dealer gave me the pitch that "oh it'll be here May, June, couldn't EVER see it coming in July" I stuck a deposit down because by 5k miles I'd seen everything the M5 had done and wanted smaller.







Time kept churning and started seeing peoples cars moving meanwhile mine sat and finally last week went into production meaning 4-6weeks... Possibly AUG delivery! Beyond pissed started shopping for cars and was all set to move into the GTR [I'm approved at the moment and have a few weeks to decide].



Last night got to drive it and I really enjoyed it[with some things I did not]



Thoughts:

Dct:

I don't know if Dave can back me up, but the DCT even felt a tad more refined then ours. Just a little different, and maybe its butt dyno... but when shifting it almost felt like a built car that made boost after shifting. I totally got the sensation the car was giving a building feeling which I loved.



HK sound:

I tried prem audio settings, and Stealths B&O which both sounded pretty good on the HK F30 in my friends 335i [again no means tailored to the HK], but in this car... I can't put my finger on it, but at higher levels [I'm an obnoxious 20 year old so it will be blasted], it was almost ear piercing and hurt which is something I've never experienced with any car 550i, 335i e90s, prem audio in the m3 nor in the m5 with b&o and the treble and bass maxed out along with stealths settings :p

Bottom line: I could live with it but I wasn't happy with it



Brakes:

I was worried because I trust the m5 brakes even more than my e92 m3's, and am terrified of how I drive with anything less than perfection lol... These delivered , tailor made to the m3's size with the same insane braking we all have... THEY DELIVER.



Exhaust: Awful... While revving [couldn't go over 3k rpm] sitting it sounds terrible, same as slowly driving around. Buttttt on the flip side windows down, mashing on the accelerator it makes some great burbles from inside the car and kinda shines in that perspective.



Idrive: Everything us 2014+ guys love plus they have redone some of the features [nav perspective layout etc.] I can't tell you word for word, but there are some changes over what we have and they seem to be even better.



Aesthetics: Thats up to you lol nobody can tell you what you like or don't if you don't like it whatever lol. Carbon Fiber looks great, the M light up seats are awesome, the seats are very comfortable and a step up from the E92... Not quite as luxo as what we have but tailor made sport seats in my opinion.





Bottom line: I'm rethinking another car after one test drive, when I was basically done with bmw for a little. I think you guys would be impressed and if I end up staying and not biting on the GTR can't wait to see this thing with JB4, DPs, e85 and exhaust.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor