Jaguar F-Type R or....

vendredi 16 octobre 2015

I'm trying to find reasons not to like this car as I can't quite wrap my head around wanting a Jaguar (never been a fan), but the competition doesn't seem quite as compelling either.

I'm looking for a GT car that I can use daily, relatively short commute as I would only be putting around 6k miles/yr. I don't need back seats so a 2 door coupe is high on the list.

Some of the negatives I see with the F-Type R:
- Auto box. I really wanted a dual clutch this go around. I hear the auto in the F-Type is quick, but can it compare to current crop of DCTs and PDKs, etc?

- Interior. Seems a little "domestic" if that's the right terminology. I haven't seen one with the suede/alcantara interior which might richen things up?

The only other car that checks all the boxes is the 991 GT3, but then again that'll be at least $30k more and not really the same category, and for street use maybe not even as enjoyable?

Is this one of those cars that's hot now but eventually falls by the wayside to the classic offerings from Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes once the newness wears off? A few of the cars I think fall into this category are the SLS, Vantage, Quattroporte, and the new I8 and AMG GT-S. All great cars, but none that I would put my money towards.


Jaguar F-Type R or....

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor