Tire hit the curb and the tire goes pop! (MFBMW)#003

lundi 26 octobre 2015

Hello All,
So after owning my new to me X3 for 2 week the wife hit the curb and popped the front right tire. She said she wasn't going very fast only about 20 MPH. When i talked to a BMW service (a tire shop guy also said this too) they said this happens a lot.
Also since i have the 17" rims (245/55-17) i guess my tires are not every common. So much so, that most shops i called in the area don't have them. One of the shops doesn't have it in stock but said they should be able to get the tire in a day or 2. But they are trying to sell me all 4 tires. Saying that if i don't this might cause issues to the x-Drive. So my questions are:

1) Are run flats really prone to popping when you hit the curb?
2) Should I replace 1, 2, or all 4 tires?

Attached Images
 


Tire hit the curb and the tire goes pop! (MFBMW)#003

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor