questions about steering wheel action

jeudi 22 octobre 2015

I have always been very satisfied about the steering action (very accurate, excellent in sport mode, and passable in comfort mode) of my 2014 X3 (Xdrive28i); However, after the 1st service (at 9k miles), I find that the steering wheel does not have the same accuracy anymore, with a couples of degrees of 'free play' or 'lazy play' (if you know what I mean).

Questions: Is there some 'adjustment' that could have been made that threw the original setup out of whack? Could this be the servotronic failing or wrongly calibrated? Could this be a problem with alignment and/or wheels out of balance?

Note: When my X3 was returned to me, I noticed that the technician had inflated the tires to 44-45 psi. I immediately proceeded to bring the pressure down to 36-37 because at 44-45 the steering action was even worse. After doing that, the steering still felt weird but I blamed it on the good steering action of the loaner (2015 series 328i), so I thought that in a couple of days I would get used but it's been a month and I still find it weird.

Anybody has any ideas of what it could be? :help:


questions about steering wheel action

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor