Does anyone know why BMW...(complain alert)

mardi 13 octobre 2015

...continues to have the ventilation temperature control rotary switch located on the center console as part of the vehicle's temperature control system? I mean, isn't already sufficient that there is a digital temperature control which intuitively makes it much more simple to operate without reading the owner's manual like most cars in the world today? Why is it that the system needs to be told that if the setting is set to say above 75 deg F, that the air has to be warm and not cold? Who in their right mind wants the temperature set to say 80 deg F, and still wants the air to be cool or not what 80 deg F should feel like?

Sorry for the rant, but today I learned about this switch on my first ever BMW, which made me look like tool when I asked my dealer about a possible defect on the heater system of my 2 month old 2016 X3 where the air is hot only on the maximum position (84 deg F) but goes cool even when the temp control switch is moved just to 83 deg F. Being a former mechanic, I swear there was something wrong with the temperature control mechanism, but apparently you have to move this stupid rotary switch to the blue side so that you'll get the other variations of heat other than extra hot. I've owned and driven many cars in the past, including a 2005 3 series by an ex-girlfriend and I remember seeing this switch which I never knew what it was for, but I swear BMW is the only manufacturer to have this non-sensical rotary switch that serves no real purpose (unless someone can make a very good argument why it needs to be there). For a car manufacturer that prides itself for being high tech in every aspect of automobile engineering, perhaps it needs to also consider applying the KISS (Keep it Simple, Stupid!) principle. Thanks for listening :thumbsup:


Does anyone know why BMW...(complain alert)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor