Building new HPDE car: E36 or E46?

mardi 13 octobre 2015

It's time for me to step out of my 944, as I have progressed to the Intermediate run group.

I am looking to get into a E36 or E46 M3.

This will be a HPDE car, not looking to go racing or TTs. But I will be building it so it's road legal to drive to the track.

As I see it....(feel free to comment or disprove my assumptions)

E36
------
Pros: good race parts support
Easier/cheaper to work on
Manual
Lighter
Cons: not much more power than an E36 328i
Less robust chassis than E46
Less sophisticated suspension geometry than E46

E46
------
Pros: more modern appeal
SMG II
More power/tq
Better chassis and suspension

Cons:
Heavy
Needs improved cooling for track duty
More expensive to work on.


Comments welcome!


Building new HPDE car: E36 or E46?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor