Auto Start/Stop Concerns

mercredi 21 octobre 2015

I'm just curious if I'm the only one who is somewhat concerned with the wear and tear to the starter motor and battery of the auto start/stop function, that I'm seriously considering leaving it off all the time. I don't know how much improvements have been made over the years to the starter motor design and parts, but electric motors in general have a limited service life due primarily to damage inflicted by friction and heat. Again, being a former mechanic, I've replaced many starter motors, and with this function a 1 hour trip through a busy city route could probably log on 1 years worth of wear and tear compared to cars that don't have this function.

Again, I don't know what improvements have been made on the bearings and the innards of the motor itself, but unless it is rated to last for 1 million start and stop cycle, I'd feel weary in having it on thinking that it will die on me the day after my warranty expires.

Same concern goes to the battery since all the electrical devices remains on when the engine cuts off. Has anyone experienced pre-mature battery replacement (around 1 year or less)?


Auto Start/Stop Concerns

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor