Life with an X3 - 18 months on

jeudi 27 août 2015

Thought it would be worth giving my opinion of the X3 after 18 months of ownership.

I came from a Landrover Freelander 2 and one thing I miss is the higher command style driving position and ....... well that's it, the X3 trumps the FL2 in every other possible area (perhaps with the exception of off-road ability but like most 4x4 owners mine doesn't venture on the rough stuff!)

I have found the X3 to be extremely comfortable albeit it does fidget on rough surfaces (probably due to the sport suspension and me not ticking the dampers option!).

Power delivery is exceptional for a 2 litre diesel and when put in sport mode it shifts like nothing else I have driven before!

Economy has really surprised me, around town I get around 40mpg and have seen 54mpg on a few occasions, stop-start in seamless.

Ease of parking is great for such a big vehicle, all round visibility is excellent and coupled with front and rear parking sensors it is easy to get into the tightest spots. I don't have a parking camera but in all honesty if I did I doubt I would use it.

Fit and Finish - A tricky one to answer, generally its exceptionally but I have the door seal creaking issue which despite BMW having an attempt to resolve earlier in the year I still have - strangely it only really occurs in cold weather - nothing on a hot summers day. I also had issues with the sunroof making cracking noises when going over speed bumps at an angle (ie - when the body flexes), BMW attempted a fix and made it worse, I put a couple of sticky foam pads in a couple of strategic places and cured it except for a rattle off the sunblind when its fully open however it is something I am prepared to live with.

Reliability - faultless, nothing has gone wrong with the X3, it runs like a dream!

Equipment - i ticked quite a few boxes on the options list - auto box, pro sat nav, comfort access, heated front and rear seats, xenon headlamps / LED rear lamps, power tailgate, panoramic sunroof, extended storage, upgraded audio, unfortunately BMW's come quite spartan! However I am happy to report everything works brilliantly and all were options I am glad I ticked! The only option I wish I had picked was the dampers!

Would I buy another - absolutely!!! :thumsup:


Life with an X3 - 18 months on

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor