Upgrading your nav maps in the DC/Balto Metro Area

mardi 8 juillet 2014

This past weekend I found that the maps in my daughter's '10 E91 are out of date.



I called one local DC dealer to ask what they'd charge to update the maps. I was cited $350 and told it takes all day long.


  • Have any of you recently been quoted a better price?

  • Are there other ways to update the maps besides having the dealer do it?

  • Are there significantly faster -- like 20 minutes to an hour, even a couple hours would be okay -- ways of updating the maps?


Mostly, I just want to get a better price. It's not a matter of affording $350 (I know my kid won't spend that sum on it, but I want her to have current maps.); it's a matter that I don't like being gouged. $350 just seems insanely expensive for consumer grade software, especially since one can use any number of other navigation programs on one's phone. You'd think that the BMW stores would want to be somewhat price competitive if they expect to sell the damn things. After all, phone navigation products are cheap and are just as convenient, some of them being easier to use than the BMW nav.



Note:

I say it's a '10, but in all honesty, it might be an '11. I'm not sure now that I'm actually trying to remember and cite the right year. Old age. LOL I wish the car companies would just follow the calendar with their model year designations; it'd make things so much easier.



Thanks for any input you may have



All the best.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor