Vargas Turbo VTT Review Results After 6 months

lundi 29 décembre 2014

Whats up guys? About 6 months back, I ordered the only turbo upgrade that was available for my n55. I have a bmw 135i n55 e82 6 speed manual tran FBO+meth. This would be the "N55 Stage 2 DBB Hybrid Upgrade" from VTT. Now he has other options that are easier on the wallet, but I still do not regret getting this one, as it is still the top of the line he has.



http://performance.vargasturbo.com/b...ducts/bmw-n55/



Attachment 1136386



Attachment 1136387



Attachment 1136388



I had it shipped to my brother in the US, and he brought it on the plane with him, so that was very fortunate. As far as the installation, I had a local BMW mechanic who had years in experience, but never had installed an aftermarket turbo. He didnt want to at first, but I convinced him saying that it was a hybrid and that the install would be easy. I has to translate the entire manual, so some things got lost in translation. I want to make the review since I haven't seen many reviews for my set up and this turbo. Most people only write to complain, but when everything goes well, they forget to mention it lol. Tony was VERY helpful in every aspect. From shipping it fast so my brother could bring it, to answering a ton of technical questions I had when installing. So thanks Tony, and I hope this review helps you too. I would also like to take this opportunity to get the communities feedback by looking at my logs, etc.



Installation was not very complicated. You just have to make sure that the DV hoses and lines are plugged correctly. This is something that was lost in translation, and had to go back to fix it after we realized it. This set up was done with a BACK END FLASH with Cobb, made by Terry, and a custom map 6 also made by Terry (i am forever grateful for all his help, I feel he must hate me with all the questions i ask. the post sale support is in my opinion what makes the jb4 the best tuning tool for your bmw and mercedes)



The problem is that in Chile, we dont have e85. The max octane we can get is pump gas 97, which is equivalent to 93 in the USA. I know this turbo is meant to be used with e85 and that this way you can max out the power, but I dont have access to e85 on pump. Now i only have access to e96, because I make perfume in my country and I buy E96 ethanol, which is denatured to prevent people consuming or making alcohol with it. I am still working on the MIX, since I dont have a upgraded hpfp or anything, so I would appreciate the help.



As far as issues, I never had any issues with the turbo itself, only with small installation issues that could be due to fitment, or my mechanic. One issue I had was that the water hose coming from the new turbo was too close to the block, and it got burned. I leaked coolant for a while before realizing it was this hose. To solve this, my mechanic had to made a new nipple to change the angle of the hose, and keep it far from this area. Also changed it for a better hose with an interior and exterior that isolates the heat. This issue went on for a while, and I can finally say that my car is 100% now, which is why I doing this review now. Attached are pictures of my last log

Attachment 1136395



Attachment 1136396



Attachment 1136397



Attachment 1136398



I would appreciate all the feedback on these logs. I dont understand why my Meth is not flowing 100% though. Any tips of increasing my power and runing safer is welcome!



Anway, I hope this log could help other users on pulling the trigger and getting this great product. If you guys have any questions on the actual product and the installation, do not hesitate and ask me.



:thumbsup:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor