Need advice with factory order issue. 2PW 20" M Sport wheels 469 still not available?

lundi 29 décembre 2014

I'm looking for advice/help and information from the community here on an issue with my factory ordered xDrive35i.



Issue: Car arrived at dealer on 12/27 without the 2PW 20" M-sport wheels (Style 469M) I ordered. Client Advisor did not even notice this discrepancy until I arrived to inspect the car myself.



Dates:

Ordered car on 9/26.

Production slated for 10/15.

Production start was late Oct or early Nov.

Production completed 11/15.

Arrived at VDC 11/30. Held for wheel acceleration sensor campaign.

Arrived at dealer 12/27.



Explanation from my Client Advisor: BMW changed my wheels to the 19" M-sport in order to keep production going. An email (shown to me when I arrived to pickup the car) was sent to dealers informing them of this change to 600 factory-ordered vehicles. But my CA failed to notify me of this. He did not even know about the email.



I also found out that my CA ordered the car with Status 2 (Center Own Use) instead of Status 1 (Customer Sold). It is my belief that BMW changed the wheels on my car because of this.



To resolve this issue, I suggested:

1) Order the 20" Style 469M wheels and swap them onto my car. I will still pay the $950 upgrade cost.

2) Swap my 19" M-sport wheels for the 20" from one of three cars in their current lot inventory.



Sales management denied both options. They are unwilling to eat the cost of the wheel swap. The solution they offer is to reorder the car. BUT, my CA is telling me that the 2PW 20" wheels (Style 469M) are still in short supply, and even BMW does not know when they will be available again. CA claims that reordering the car will not guarantee the 2PW 20" wheels.



Question: Are the 20" 469M wheels really still that much in short supply? Such that reordering with Status 1 will not guarantee them?



I have seen others recently ordering that wheel option and even receiving their cars with the 20" wheels.



As you can imagine, I am extremely livid with the situation as I have already waited 3 months for the car, only to have it arrive without the correct specs. Worse, the CA failed to inform me of the wheel change, and has not been very helpful so far in correcting the issue.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor