High mileage M3s - what issues are you having

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

I'm now at 83k on my MY2009. Just within the past 2 years I've been seeing a handful of nagging problems and it's making me think it might be time to get out before it gets bad. So far, after warranty issues have been...



A/C evaporated needed replacement at 52k miles - $2500

Drivers door lock actuator died - $100 DIY

Valve cover gaskets leaking at $75k miles - $1000

Low pressure fuel sensor died at 71k miles - $80 DIY

Driveshaft connection to rear differential making noise. Need to have it greased per TSB - Still haven't done it but quoted $1000

A/C blowing hot air again at 82k miles - Just recharged it but we'll see how long it lasts. Might be another evaporator replacement.



This is my first experience with BMW. I had an Audi S4 before this car and bought another Audi for my wife in 2011. Both of those cars were great. S4 only had very minor issues until it hit 9 years old and 140k miles. Current Audi has 35k miles and no issues at all.



My parents have had 2 Lexus GS models (a 2006 and a 2013). The 2006 was always in the shop for something. 2013 model still to new to tell. Brother has a Mercedes that was also giving problems just past the warranty. Seems like Audi might be just a bit ahead of the rest of the germans and other luxury (non-supercar) manufacturers in terms of reliability in terms of their latest offerings.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor