Help, dealership is trying to fuck me

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

Hopefully this is in the right forum.



Bought my 07 335i a few weeks back, dropped it off at the local dealership to have a passenger airbag mat sensor fixed (dash lights go crazy when someone is sitting in passenger seat) -- a known issue covered under extended warranty.



The service manager calls me back today with "an update". They fixed the sensor, yay! Oh, and the car won't start. He said the starter died. Overnight. And it's a $1,300 repair after discount.



I got massively pissed on the phone and told him I haven't had a single god damn issue with the starter and that the car was working perfectly fine when I dropped it off. I asked what makes him think his mechanics didn't fuck things up and he said "the repair had nothing to do with the starter", "it's a 7 year old car", lol etc etc.



I told him starters don't just die overnight and exhibit symptoms. He said he had no explanation for that, but he's seen it all. My plan is to call BMWNA with this, but I wanted to post here to a) vent and b) seek advice. I would never go to a god damn dealer unless I needed a recall / warranty item, and of course this is what I get when I do... :barf:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor