Steering Rack - Replaced

vendredi 11 septembre 2015

I posed a few things on another forum, but there seems to be more "steering rack talk" on this one...

I've been dealing with the "clunk" noise since I bought the car 4 years ago. Hard to say if it's gotten worse or not. The car was about to go out of warranty so I brought it up with my dealer again. They called and told me they needed the car over the weekend as they were going to replace the rack.

I picked the car up yesterday. I asked if it was something that was an actual mechanical issue with the steering (like one day I'd lose steering all together) or if it was just a noise in the rack. They weren't really sure, but he said "the tech found excessive play in the steering rack". Well, I know you get used to things over time, but the car has made that noise since the day I bought it (3,800 miles then, 45,000 now). I just wonder how long I could have driven with it like this...

So I get in the car and the steering doesnt make the noise when turning the wheel (car off). I pull away and the steering is soooo much tighter. No play in the wheel. No noises. Feels like a new car.

Now I'm thinking... that was a 2,600 dollar part and they had hours of work (maybe 6-8). I dont want to pay for this and I'm glad it was under warranty! Let's hope it doesnt come back. The part number was revised Spring 2015.

Anyone have thoughts on this issue? A lot of people say they've had theirs replaced and the noise comes back. I really wonder if it's something we can drive on forever or if it's a sign of trouble ahead.


Steering Rack - Replaced

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor