Navigation system Professional.

mercredi 30 septembre 2015

I'm a little puzzled by the operation of the Navi system in my 2016 X3. The system was ordered with and I can confirm that it has Live Traffic updates however data received from the updates doesn't seem to be effective as the Navi system always guides me along the busiest route - no suggested alternatives.

Case in point; Across the top of the GTA are two highways, the 401 and the 407. The 401 is a free road, the 407 a toll road. At the start point of my route (Mississauga to Pickering) the two highways are only a kilometer or so apart. During rush hour, the time of my travel, highway 401, in comparison to highway 407, is always very slow between Mississauga and the Don Valley Parkway. The Navi system is set to use toll roads however it continually directs me to the 401. If I ignore the Navi system and enter the 407 at the west end of my trip the Navi system directs me back to the 401 at each major crossroad.

When traffic on the 401 is heavy why does the Navi system direct me there instead of the 407. I thought manually selecting an optional route would do the trick however any optional route offered by the system directs me back to the 401. Is there a way to override this behaviour?


Navigation system Professional.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor