Post pictures of your Home Theater....

dimanche 13 septembre 2015

I searched and did not see any threads of these types so I figured I would start one up.

Bought my new house back in mid 2014 and I have been wanting to build a Home Theater for some time before that in my first house but I knew I was not staying there so I waited. My setup is not as amazing as some setups I have seen on some of the H/T forums, but I think it came out pretty good for doing it myself. There are alot of things I would have done differently now but it still came out great.

The room is about 450sq feet.

Equipment used-
Epson 8700UB Projector
Elite Screens 100" Projector screen
Denon AVR X4000 Receiver
Energy RC70 Fronts
Energy RCLCR Center
Energy Surrounds (4)
Epik Empire Dual 15" subs
SVS 12" sub behind the 2nd Row of seating
Xbox One
Playstation 4
Comcast HD/DVR
PC Laptop with XBMC for media
8 Fusion Lagoon Leather Reclining seats with USB ports for charging devices.

This is what the room looked like when I bought the house. This is the basement..





Demolition..





Demo cleaned up and ready to start...



New framing up...





Getting insulation ready and insulated the HVAC ducting so no vibrations from it.



Had to knock out one of the support pillars that went to the floor due to it would have been in the way of the seating. Added a support beam.



Painted the beam.



Insulated and wiring ran



Wiring is in the back room for my "control center"



Sheetrock started





Getting closer..



First coat of paint. The screen wall and ceiling I used the darkest most light rejecting Black I could find. Side walls are a dark gray.





The dark gray over the primer



Test fitting the chairs to measure distance to the screen plus had to build the 2nd row riser.



LED lights in, very bright even though the room is painted dark







Riser built for the 2nd row.





Carpet done



Just waiting on trim at this point..





Trim is completed



Testing fitting my equipment in the rack that was built



Test fitting the screen



Wiring fun!!



Made some custom speaker wires



Making sure the speakers look good



.
Test run with the projector to make sure my wiring works! Success!








Front row view



First row of seats installed.





More damn wiring..



Sub installed. That sucker was 120#s!





Made these custom picture frames. They also serve a dual purpose due to there is insulation in there to treat the rooms first sound reflections off the walls









This picture serves multiple purposes. Used for sound, looks and also covers my media cabinet :D





DONE!















Big sub is the dual 15" Epiks. Little guy is my SVS 12" for the 2nd row



Even my dog loves it down here lol





There is a ton of things I would have done differently now that its done. Speaker placement, more speakers, moved my H/T equipment to a different spot and more of a rectangular room since its an odd shape. However it still serves its purpose and works really well. We have fit about 15-17 people in here with some extra chairs for events

Show me what you guys got!


Post pictures of your Home Theater....

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor