Non-editable 3D model

mardi 8 septembre 2015

Hi folks,

I work in the building industry. Our industry is undergoing massive change as we migrate from traditional 2D design (Plans on paper) to 3D design (Models on computer). 3D design in our industry is new unlike the mechanical design community. They have been using 3D models since the mid 90's. We see the 3D models in the promo. BMW certainly is very advanced in this area.

Currently at the company I work for, I am able to deliver a non-destructive 3D model of a client's building complete with all the mechanical systems. We are able to do this because we have a 3D model for all of the design. Its easy to export a model for quick viewing.

My software of choice for model delivery is Navisworks.

Is anyone on the forum in touch with BMW design? I'm wondering if for a fee, one could obtain a reference model of their car viewable in a software such as Navisworks. It would be super handy visualizing DIY's. I would love to be able to navigate inside the inner workings of my car.

IMHO, I don't feel this to be too ambitious. If our industry can provide a model like the this or this. Why can't a car manufacturer? After all, this is a simple export from the design model.

We are the clients that buy the products. These are our models too.


Non-editable 3D model

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor