Shopping 2007 M5. Need advice. Thx

mercredi 25 mars 2015

I posted this in a different section but I wasn't sure where it belongs. I'm looking at a 2007 M5 with 76,000 miles on it for a daily driver and keeping the 335 for silly speed fun on the weekends. The one I'm looking at has a clean carfax, SMG trans, black sapphire, blacked out exterior trim, black rims. What should I look for? Common problems? Available options I should try to get or avoid? etc. It's selling for $22,000.



As far as potential problems/issues what I've heard is rod? bearings need to be upgraded as the stock ones go and you can throw a rod. The improved version solves this. Also the smg may be a problematic. Apart from being clunky they may need repairs.

As far as improvements, free up the headers, maybe by removing the cats with turner pipes to gain torque and a 3.91 gear set. Also a euro or alpina tune for the smg for smoother and improved shifting. If I do this with programming what kind of 0-60 and quarter would I be looking at?



Thx.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor