How bad was the first year of your son / daughter being born?

mardi 31 mars 2015

Sort of tied to the "why do people want to have kids" thread I guess, but serious question - is the first year always rough (and I mean really rough) when your son or daughter was born?



Does it really get any better?



Because honestly, it's hell right now, and he's five months. I really want to believe it will get better, but I don't know. He's not eating (very well), was losing weight (now he's sort of stabilized a little, but not gaining as he should). His feeding is at best chaotic - if you allow his arms to be free he'll fight to get the bottle away from him...if you sort of swaddle him, he'll take an ounce or two before fighting...but he almost always fights. But once you get him all calmed down, rock him, sing to him, he'll relax, and generally take the rest of the bottle asleep (dream feeding) because he isn't aware he's feeding.



He's been to the pediatrician numerous times, they don't know why he's not hungry, so they're no help. Its been so stressful on our marriage, my wife and I are constantly at each other's throats over this feeding issue.



I'm so frustrated. I'm almost at the point of dropping him off at the hospital so that someone else can feed him for a few days and see that something is wrong...and actually do something about it. Because no one seems to care.



The only reason he looks halfway healthy is that we sing him to sleep and get him to take the rest of the bottle, its not a long term solution. But I can't just let him not eat either and tank, that's just not right.



And we've tried everything (different bottles, numerous formulas including hypoallergenic expensive stuff, different nipples, everything we can think of).



I just want to know it gets better.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor