Anyone install a reverse light rear view camera

lundi 28 avril 2014

I have a 2008 135 vert and those that have one know how horrible rear visibility is. I do not have backup sensors and a recent change in where/how I park is becoming bothersome without a rearview camera (especially after having another vehicle with it). I know, people will say that you should know how to judge where the rear of the car is, etc. but I just want to install a camera to be 100% sure each and every time. So I ordered a camera that mounts in place of one of the reverse lights, a wireless transmitter/receiver and a 5" lcd monitor. I am not looking for an elegant install of the monitor, will just leave it in the space behind the cupholders. I connected it all together with each part where it will be mounted (but wired to standard 12-volt plugs and not into the cars wiring) and it actually works really well. So now I want to install the camera into the cars wiring. My main preference would be to wire the camera so it is on when the car is on and not just when the car is in reverse, just in case there is a time I need to see behind me when not in reverse (I understand it should not be used while driving, etc., that is not mainly the plan so please hold those comments).



So now the questions: wondering if anyone has already done this and can share how they did it, or if anyone is familiar with the wiring and knows how it could be done. There are basic instructions but not optimal.



Again just wondering about the camera as I have a 12-volt plug on the end of the monitor and wireless receiver and will just plug it into one of the outlets.



Thanks in advance




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor