BMW X6 35i N55 engine suddenly shut off while driving!

mardi 10 novembre 2015

Long post pls. kindly read and help me.
My car: 2010 X6 35i
it has about 18,000 miles in it
Has N55 engine not N54

Was driving it while ago,
I mistakenly entered a one way street and I had quickly to make a u turn. The street was quite narrow so I had to go forward and reverse a couple of times.

As I was turning left to finish the full U-Turn, suddenly the accelerator was not responding and the car wasn't moving! I think the engine RPM was not moving also. But steering was NOT locked though. I was in a rush so I didnt remember what exactly happened.

I'm not 100% sure that the engine shut off by itself but I really think it did. I was blocking the way of many cars and they were honking their horns. So I kinda panicked for a while and didn't remember much.

All I remember was (not 100% sure):
1. The accelerator was not responsive.
2. I tried moving the shift knob but I think nothing happened, I thought I was in Neutral.
2. The steering wheel is NOT locked.
3. I think I didn't accidentally pressed the "engine push start/stop button" while turning cause if I have pressed it then it should have locked the steering wheel right?
4. Not sure but I think, (without pressing the Engine start/stop button) I was able to pull the key fob out of the slot

I just quickly restarted the car and drove on. Everything seems to be ok. But now I'm scared, This happened for the 1st time in many years that I've owned this car. What if this happens when I'm driving fast on the highway???:help:


Earlier that day, I had a car wash, some water accidentally got in the engine bay cause my carbon fiber hood is vented. The guy who washed my car was using a pressure washer so water got in. Rain dont usually get in. Water was mostly on the left side of the engine bay. (If you are facing it while opening the hood, right side if you are seating inside the car). I wiped the water immediately. Most water was on the engine cover.

Could SUDDEN ENGINE SHUT OFF be related to this?
Has this happened to anyone?
I'm very worried...
Thanks


BMW X6 35i N55 engine suddenly shut off while driving!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor