Being the family "expert."

dimanche 29 novembre 2015

Who here is the family "expert" on IT, financial planning, automotive stuff, health care/veterinarian issues, etc?

I happen to fall into the IT/photography category and often get asked to "recommend" a system, or someone sends me a link to a really cheap system and asks what I think of it. I cringe at these requests because all too often I end up owning the future problems associated with the system. Companies like Dell throw out these super cheap, underpowered systems and by the time you make it usable, it suddenly costs 3 times as much.

I'd imagine it's the same with anyone who is considered an expert in their field. I can see financial planners getting buried in requests from family/friends about which mutual fund or stocks to buy. :sigh:

Luckily I know of no one getting married in the near future, so I haven't been asked to be the wedding photographer, a job I'd never voluntarily do.


Being the family "expert."

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor