2016 X3, which one to choose for powering the dash-camera ?thanks

mardi 24 novembre 2015

I had a new model of 2016 X3 recently. I want to install a dash-camera of the BlackVue( 2 Channel ,DR650GW). When I bought this camera from Amazon, this order also came with a product “power magic pro” for free.
No matter what kind of car people drive,lots of them did “ hardwire the fuse box ” to continuously give the power supply to the camera for couple more hours of recording or even longer, after car engine is OFF and in parking mode.

However, In my case, all I need from the camera is recording the live traffic status when car is running on streets. After car ignition is OFF and parked, I don’t need recording anymore. The camera can be powered OFF then. For this purpose, friends, do I really have to hardwire the “power magic pro” with some fuse ? but I don’t want to ruin this brand new car and risk of losing the warranty if I touch and change any electric purposely myself.

I am thinking, another simple way to serve my purpose, would be just to plug the camera 12V jack into the spare cigar jack socket in the trunk. I barely use this spare socket usually. When this car engine is shut off completely, the cigar jacketand the whole car would be powered OFF soon within 20-30 min(may be wrong ),so is the dash camera simultaneously. Also, I don’t need to unplug the camera each time to avoid draining out the battery in the long term.

The main reason I want to choose the cigar jack in the trunk is because, lots of people are using the cigar jacket at front under the dash/radio because of convenience. However, personally I believe this physical connection at front is visible and not a nice looking. So I presume, connecting to the trunk cigar outlet may “ hide” the physical connection and also save the cigar jacket under the radio board for portable GPS or something else.

thanks for any comments. happy thanksgiving~! :thumsup:


2016 X3, which one to choose for powering the dash-camera ?thanks

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor