Melbourne Red X3 LCI photo shoot

mercredi 22 juillet 2015

With a new addition to the family last August it was time to start considering a more "utilitarian" vehicle. Initially I thought the X1 would fill this roll so we replaced my wife's aging IS250 with a Sportline Sdrive28i. Although it handles its tasks accordingly, it really is a just a E91 with a lift and I decided something a little larger would be in the cards when it came time to replace my F30.

Fast-forward to February when my sales advisor informed me that they had a 6-month pull ahead offer on my F30, I got to work on the bmwusa.com configurator. My initial plans (pre-baby) were to replace the F30 with the 328d Wagon or possibly a 4er GC but the X1 technically fits the Wagon roll and I wanted something larger so the GC was out as well, enter the X3.

If you look at all my previous BMWs its quite evident that I don't leave any of them stock, so planning all of the mods typically takes place before I even order the car since this also plays a big part into spec'ing the car and what MSRP I need to aim for :D. I decided on the sdrive28i in part because lower price point allowed me to get all the options I wanted with room for mods.

I was happy when they added Melbourne Red to the LCI color palette so I already knew that was going to be my exterior color. What I was really excited for was the special interior "Ivory/black w/red contrast stitching" since I knew this would pair beautifully with the MPerformance interior trim that I planned to add after delivery (since its not a factory option).

The car arrived towards the end of March and within a couple weeks all the mods were completed. I prefer getting everything done all at once so I can just enjoy the car rather than making it an ongoing project.

Mod list:
Mperformance grills w/ paint matched surround rings
Mperformance CF mirror caps
Mperformance Interior trim
Mperformance shifter trim
Mperformance pedals
Mperformance floor mats
Fender accents painted black
Exhaust tips powder-coated black
Turn signal bulbs replaced with OE chromatic bulbs
K40 RL200i w/ Defuser G5 laser protection
AC Schnitzer front splitters
AC Schnitzer Rear spoiler
Roof wrapped in black Vinyl
20% tint
H&R sport springs
21" BMW style 312 powder coated a matte burnt bronze color (this was experimental and wound up being darker than planned, thus it appears to be matte black in most lights)

So I was finally able to get around to doing a photoshoot with my friend (also named Scott) this past weekend, but I couldn't get the interior cleaned up before these photos so those are coming soon. Enjoy (the wheel shot was taken on my phone and enhanced to try and capture the true color fyi)

Attached Images
     


Melbourne Red X3 LCI photo shoot

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor