Need M3 replacement advice

vendredi 30 janvier 2015

And no, it won't be an M4. I figure this forum will have the best group of people with experience in other high performance cars.



Short version: I went truck shopping in December and bought a Raptor. My M3 warranty was close to expiring and I was dealing with body shop issues that were taking up too much time. BMW made me a ridiculous low ball offer for the trade in. Ford offered me a reasonable value so I traded it. Now it's been a month. I need another fast car. Keeping the truck, I need that too.



It will be a DD in Nashville pothole city driving with occasional highway trips and the very occasional track (Bowling Green) or mountain road event. The M4 would be the most ideal car but I am taking a BMW vacation. I also prefer to buy a car 1-2 years old. So it has to be something I can get a good deal on. In 2 years, whatever I buy will be gone in favor of the NSX.



Budget: $50-90k. Preferably 4 seats so my boy can tag along.



Contenders:

1. Maserati GT MC. Pro: Beautiful car. Powerful. Wow factor. I can get a good deal on one I'm sure. Con: they are heavy and not really designed to keep up with the M3. Another Pro: Italian sound.



2. Jaguar (XKR?). I don't know much about Jags. I'd want the race version I guess. Not too many close by I can look at. I suspect, like the Maserati, they are not that great for flinging around a road course. But, I'm sure I can get a great deal on one.



3. Porsche. Pro: there are tons of them around. Con: there are tons of them around. And, truthfully, I've never pictured myself in one. Too many 65 year old ladies drive them around here. And I don't think the GT3 is in my budget.



4. Lexus RC-F. Pro: it's Lexus luxury and supposedly as good as the M3. Con: Not much exterior wow factor and I can't get a used one so big financial hit.



5. Nissan GT-R. Pro: fast. Con: I have yet to meet someone who would recommend it as a DD on city streets.



Can anyone suggest cars that I haven't considered? Corvette is out -- wife hates them and it's only 2 seats. Viper is out for the same reason.



I really want the Maserati so I can have the experience of owning one. Perhaps I should have titled this: Are Maseratis any good on the track?



Thanks guys




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor