F10 M5/F80 M3 diff swap?

jeudi 23 octobre 2014

I have been considering for quite some time the upgrade to an e90 M3. I have driven a couple, I just love the car. It combines the practicality of my 330i that I have loved for so long with the power and additional handling similar to my dad's 2009 Z51 Corvette (I love rowing the gears on that beast, if you haven't driven a let model vette, you should just for shits).



I did a TON of research 6 years ago when I bought my 330i. I wanted a car that I could drive day to day, track and enjoy for a long time reliably. It has 155,000 miles and no signs of slowing down. Thanks to the fact that I bought a low option car, other than a starter and a power mirror motor, I haven't had any issues. I love it, but would love it more with another 160 horsepower :D



I read this forum a ton. Other than the bottom end issues, there seems to be plenty of trouble with the rear end, due to the dumb 3 bolt design.



I have a 335i diff in my 330i. I did so because my original 3.64 ratio in a n52 size carrier had a major failure, and the company I got it from suggested the larger 335i carrier to avoid that issue again. So I did (and got a slightly taller ratio, but still shorter than the factory gear set, which still made for a quicker 330i).



So my question, has anyone looked into the possibility of the big M5/new M3 diff? It would probably require a different rear subframe, or some other major surgery to make it work.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor