Tire wear on lowered vehicle?

dimanche 15 novembre 2015

I have X4 35i M (same chassis and ride height as X3) with 20" staggered wheels and adaptive shocks. Writing on this forum since there seem to be nobody on X4 forum with H&R.

I lowered the vehicle about a year ago (H&R, 35mm) and have since driven about 10000 km (6000 miles) on my summer tires - winter tires and 9000 Turbo for short runs. I work from home.

I did not check alignment after lowering - nor measure depth of thread.
Total mileage 14000 km, of which 2000 km on winter tires and 2000 km before lowering.

I will soon put on my winterwheels and wanted to measure tire wear on summertires. I measured front tires, but it is awkward to measure rear tires - will do when removed.

Tires are staggered 20" Pirelli P Zero Run Flats.

Indicative results on front tires: middle 6.8 mm, outside left and right:6.5 mm. Rears seem to have somewhat less thread.

I assume they were made with an even thread of 8 mm - anyone know?

Front tires would then last about further 30.000 km - depending on uneven wear. That is OK - rears are worse.

Since I can`t go back to normal ride height - see picture - only options are alignment and reducing tire pressure - now at 2.6 bar.

I welcome any input.

Attached Images
 


Tire wear on lowered vehicle?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor