2015 Manx Grand Prix

jeudi 19 novembre 2015

Not sure if motorcycle posts are permitted here but, maybe there are a few bikers here who will appreciate the pictures :)

I guess I can't really call it a journey since, from my friend's farm house in north Shropshire to the Liverpool was all of 40 miles :o However, an 0900 Thursday morning check in time and never having been to Liverpool meant that I had to get underway at the crack of dawn. Worried that I would miss the ferry, I hardly slept a wink that night. Before the sun had risen, I was underway to Liverpool. Due to my early departure, I beat the rush hour traffic and after a few wrong turns (no GPS) and with the helpful directions from a bus driver, I made it to the ferry docks with plenty of time to spare.

The two-wheeled eye candy began make an appearance as more bikes started to arrive.



The original sport touring bike, an R90S



Laverda Triple



Honda RC30



A beautifully restored Norton



The Steam Packet ferry arrived, a high speed catamaran



Just about every vehicle on board was a motorcycle



The ferry had us arriving in Douglas in little under 3 hours. It was a bright blue day and since it was too early to check into my hotel, there was nothing left to do but head off for a lap of the TT course :D If you're like me, having grown up reading accounts of past TT races in the magazines then, the names of the course sections are embedded in your memory banks. With a mixture of awe and reverence, you pass sections that you recognize from having watched so many TT documentarys on VCR.

One of the many hairball sections of the course, Rhencullen. The fast blokes keep the throttle pinned WFO through here



By the time I made it to Ballaugh Bridge, I had worked up a bit of a thirst so, nothing in it but to pull over at the Raven Pub for a pint of Okell's :beerchug:



I sat on the veranda sipping beer and watching all the cool bikes ride by. Across the road, I noticed a plaque embedded in a house.



Closer inspection revealed the plaque was a tribute to German factory BMW rider, Karl Gall who was killed at this spot in 1939



After finishing off the pint, I continued on the TT course headed towards Douglas. At the end of Sulby Straight, some cheeky bugger had modified a 5 MPH speed limit sign to read 180 MPH :D



At Parliament Square in Ramsey, more bikes were parked up to watch and pose









Heading up the Mountain Section looking back towards Ramsey



Arriving back in Douglas, there is more eye candy parked along the promenade in front of the numerous hotels. Notice required oil puddles









2015 Manx Grand Prix

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor