Trunk mount meth kit leaking denatured alcohol

dimanche 31 août 2014

Forgive me if this has been discussed...I've searched and not found anyone with any denatured alcohol specific issues...



So I recently got my turbos replaced under goodwill warranty, and coincidentally was about out of meth. I left all mods on when taking her in for the replacements, so obviously is was curious if they would reconnect the meth system connections all correctly back to the procede.



I've noticed lately I could also get through a gallon or so of meth in a 15 mile commute, with lots of spirited driving, but not sure it's a related data point or not, but I was concerned of a leak somewhere, but never caught anything.



Anyways, got the car back with new turbos, filled the meth tank, tried to go for test drive and car wouldn't start :mad0259:



Next day get car towed to dealer and find that coincidentally starter went out... Next day pick up car with new starter, check meth tank, still full... Great.



Change to map 4 and blow through a gallon of meth on the drive home.



Today I update to v5,(v4 was working better for me with failing wastgate issues), get a couple gallons of denatured alcohol at Ace to tide me over until I can get a refill of meth on Tuesday, fill up at the parking lot (80/20 or so) and test out v5 meth performance.



Got home, again tank was mostly empty, so I refill with again (80/20 or so mix ), so it's all set for next rides. A couple hours later the garage is filled with the nasty smell of denature alcohol, the meth tank empty, large puddle of alky under the trunk, a few small drip size puddles under where the meth line (fuel line route) runs under drivers side, and the under belly cover that protects the fuel line is literally eaten away in a line over most of where the fuel lines run...



After cleaning...to try and diagnose, I hoped to reproduce issue with 100%water mixture, so fill quarter tank with water only. Go for a drive and let it spray in brief spurts, but enough to use it all, get back, refill with another quarter tank of water and there is no leaking taking place at all....:confused2



I probably need to debug by running fuel spray manually into a container, and monitor meth line under car while doing so for leaks... But that doesn't explain why denatured alcohol would somehow all leak out of the meth tank after powering down the car, and why water would not.



Is it possible the alcohol can seep through connections or joints where water or meth cannot? Something to do with refilling tank with alcohol immediately after some spirited driving, or overfilling the tank and not leaving room for alcohol expansion? Ive never had a problem of the tank leaking anything while sitting unused, until filling with the alcohol.



Is it possible that denatured alcohol could eat its way through the under belly cover in one ride?



I'm scared I might have rodents and don't know it, maybe they ate through the cover and nicked the meth line? I've no other evidence of rodents. I still need to remove the cover and investigate further, and was expecting to do that with the water I added to find the leak, and then nothing leaked. But would rodents somehow be attracted to a meth or fuel line to make that the precise location they would gnaw through to get above a cover?



I'm guessing I have a leak somehow tht has gradually been eating at the cover, that I didn't know about, but that doesn't explain how filling with alcohol would result in a full on tank leak, when the tank is holding water fine, and there was no evidence of any leaking, fluids, alcohol smell, right around the tank mount itself.



Anyways, I'd love to read anyone's insight... I'm a bit baffled, and don't want to dump a gallon of alcohol again just to watch first hand how it happened... I'll update when I learn more, in case anyone sees similar problems some day.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor