Question on tire pressure

vendredi 22 août 2014

Hey all,



Just a quick question as I was curious:



I have a 2012 f30 328i base. It has the base 17" wheels, and HAD the factory installed Bridgestone Turanza RFT, which were absolutely horrible. I went through all 4 in the first 6 months of owning the car.



Anyway, I ended up swapping to Continental DWS tires, and am not sure what the tire pressure needs to be. I got the same size tire, except this time they arent RFT's. As per the manual/door jam, the car needs to have 31 psi in all 4 tires, which is what I always maintained. My question is whether I need to adjust the tire pressure to something else because of the change in brand/type of tire (non-RFT)? I thought I was supposed to keep the same PSI, however everytime I bring it to the dealer they seem to fill my tire up to 40-43 psi (which gives it a different, not as "planted" ride) and I end up bleeding the air out until it gets to the right PSI.



Is that the right thing to do?



Can anyone guide me in the right direction?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor