The "Ultimate Driving Machine"..

mardi 27 mai 2014

I've been contemplating to post this, but can't help it..



I have 2 cars in different countries as I spend half of my time in both.. I am mid age, and enjoy driving fast, not doing crazy things, just fast form A to B. Most of my driving is highways and b-roads. I always purchased the top model from the line of cars I choose, usually top specked mechanically. Here is what I have currently:



- F30 335i and a VW MK6 GTI

- Both cars are specked top straight out of their lines.

- F30 with DHP/ 8AT / 19"wheels (Ok, I have the MPPK on it)

- GTI with Dynamic chassis control / DCT / 18"wheels.



Well, I have to say that after 13KMS and 9 months on the F30 and 52KMS and 4 years on the GTI, I still feel more "driving pleasure" and comfort on it at high speeds 140-180KM/Hr.. Somehow, the level of security and stability I feel on the GTI, plus easiness to drive is far better than on the F30. No body roll, solidly planted, straight line riding, no pulling, no bounciness etc.. I don't have to feel on the "edge" as I feel on the F30. Is it because it's more square in dimensions? Is it because of a lower power to weight ratio? I don't know.. What I know, is that on the GTI it feels more fun, driving pleasure, easy and secure at high speeds than on the F30.



Do I have to spend another 5-10K on a 50K car to bring it to that level? If that is the case, then I believe that VW gets a better balanced car straight out of the factory at 30K and I am not talking M3 or R32 versions here.. Just sport cars a regular buyer can have...



So in my garage, for my driving, I am afraid I have to say that the "ultimate driving machine" title goes to the VW GTI.. Now go ahead and flame if you wish, but that does not change my feelings about it.



Have a good day all!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor